The Service That You Receive Will Remain The Same
Following the recent escalation in COVID-19 cases, Gartree Thomson Lawyers employees will now be working remotely for the most part. While there may be some slight changes in how you deal with us on a daily basis, the service you receive will remain the same.
However, we ask that you please be aware of the following:
1. Face-to-face meetings will be replaced by either telephone or teleconference for the most part;
2. Face-to-face meetings that have to go ahead will do so following current government guidelines;
3. The courts are transitioning to online services and as a result there are some delays. We will keep you updated on a case-by-case basis;
4. We may ask you to post original documents to a residential address. Please mark these envelopes ‘private and confidential’;
5. We are expecting legislation to come into force this week which will: a) require a period of 6 months to lapse from the date of service of Statutory Demands and Bankruptcy Notices, in order to file originating processes or petitions (these are currently 21 days); and b) increase the minimum amounts for statutory demands and bankruptcy notices to $20,000.
6. All of your documents are safely stored in a secure cloud-based system, and whilst we are working remotely, we will be paperless.
We will keep you up to date with any other issues that may impact our service.
If you wish to speak to us about any of your matters, or if you have any other queries, please send us an email, or call the office on 02 9922 4111 (between the hours of 9:00am and 5:30pm).
In the meantime, take care everyone.